Feb 24 , 2021
Your turtle’s habitat should have two thermometers (one for water temperature and another for the dry side of the tank).⠀
- Hang a heat bulb over the dry side of the habitat if tank temperature dips below 70 F overnight, you’ll want to get a night-specific heat lamp for your reptile friend.
- Use an underwater heater to maintain water temperature.
These are the best temperature ranges for turtles:
- Water temperature should be kept between 72 and 77 F (22 to 25 C) day and night
- The wet side of your turtle’s habitat should be kept at 75 to 85 F (24 to 29 C)
- The dry side with a basking spot should be 85 to 90 F (29 to 32 C)
- At night, when the basking light is turned off, the temperature inside the tank should remain 65 to 75 F (18 to 24 C)